Backend Developer / Database Specialist
Nevvon delivers a modern, web-based data-driven platform, that helps caregiver agencies manage training programs and track progress through a customized experience integrating all necessary touchpoints.
We are looking for a talented and experienced backend developer to join Nevvon.
The ideal candidate will join our backend team, with special focus for database and data analysis, data integrity, as well as working on our next-gen backend system.
If you are looking for the opportunity to grow and create something you can call your own, we are it.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Designing, developing, and testing server components and services
- Learn a complex DB schema with ability to perform analysis, propose improvements, and execute
- Assume ownership of the existing database management
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Accurately translate user and business needs into functional code
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Excellent knowledge of PHP, Python and SQL
- 3+ years’ experience in backend development
- Familiarity using Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience building object-oriented software
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: This position is open for Ontario Residents only