Developer – Backend Integration Specialist
Nevvon delivers a modern, web-based data-driven platform, that helps caregiver agencies manage training programs and track progress through a customized experience integrating all necessary touchpoints.
We are looking for a talented backend developer to join Nevvon and lead our integration dev efforts. Reporting to our backend team leader and working closely with Nevvon’s CTO, this person will join us in building our in-house tech team and scaling our system.
If you are looking for the opportunity to grow and create something you can call your own, we are it.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own all of Nevvon’s integrations with 3rd party systems
- Work with the backend team, design, architect and implement integration solutions
- Design, implement and document Nevvon’s open API
- Work with additional teams and stakeholders to define interfaces, protocols and standards
- Work with our partners to establish communication protocols and support 3rd party teams in connection with our API
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3+ years experience and excellent knowledge of Python – Must (and PHP – a plus)
- 3+ years experience working with RESTful APIs – a must. If you built an API – a big plus
- 3+ years experience with Linux – a must, and with containers technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes – a plus
- Experience with web-server frameworks, such as Flask or Django – a big plus
- Proficiency with additional web backend environments – such as Java / Scala / Node.js / .NET – a plus
- Experienced with SQL databases, and MySQL in particular, including query optimizations, DB tuning
- Knowledge of cloud services, specifically AWS EC2, Lambda functions and micro-services – big plus
- Team player with good communication skills, and fun to work with.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Linux: 2 years (required)
- Python: 2 years (required)
- AWS: 2 years (required)