training requirements for Louisiana
Louisiana Department of Health (LDH)
Louisiana State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners
Louisiana State Board of Nursing
Federal: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), which is a federal agency within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
State Specific Training Requirements
- CNA annual training covers a range of topics such as infection control, dementia care, communication, and safety.
- LPN annual training topics include gerontology, pharmacology, and patient care management.
- HHA annual training covers a range of topics such as personal care skills, nutrition, patient safety, and communication skills.
- It is important to note that the specific designations and requirements for home and health care workers in Louisiana may vary depending on the type of services being provided, the setting in which those services are provided, and other factors. Some home and health care agencies may require additional training or certifications beyond the minimum state requirements, depending on the specific services they provide and the needs of their clients.
- Therefore, it’s important for home and health care providers and agencies to check with their employer or a Louisiana-approved training program to determine any additional training requirements that may apply to their job.